// // ]]>

17 High Gloss Nail Polish
Purchasing nail polish often involves a great deal of trial and error. If you’re looking for a new nail polish, it can be a mind boggling experience when it comes to choice. There are so many brands all vying for your custom, often with quite large variations in price.

When it comes to buying nail polish, I have three key priorities: color, ease of application and staying power. I discovered the 17 High Gloss polish around a year ago when I began taking care of my nails again after several years of neglect.



Initially I opted for quick dry polishes. Always on the move, I simply don’t have the time to sit around waiting for my nails to dry. However, I couldn’t resist the beautiful colors offered by the 17 High Gloss range, despite having no fast drying claims. But it’s a purchase I’m so glad I made because this brand is now my favorite.

The Colors

I originally chose the 17 brand of nail polish because of the lovely choice of colors. There are currently around 12 shades to choose from with names such as ‘Twilight Teaser’, Love’ and ‘Risky Red’. They’re mostly varying shades of pink with two or three brownish colors. The shades offered by the 17 High Gloss brand were exactly what I was looking for.

The Bottle

This nail polish comes packaged in a small glass cylindrical bottle around two and a half inches high with the 17 logo prominently placed on the label. It clearly states ‘High Gloss’ on the front so you know which one you are buying as there are a few  different brands made by 17. The shape of the bottle makes it easy to hold in one hand while you’re applying your polish with the other.

The Brush

The brush is one of the main selling points for me. The bristles are quite firm and don’t splay out while applying the polish, making it easy when painting in straight lines and for painting close to the cuticle. And what makes this brush even more special is the length of the handle in comparison with the length of the brush. The handle, which is the lid of the bottle, is quite long but the overall length of brush inside is fairly short. So when you’re holding the brush, your fingers are quite close to the actual bristles. I find this allows me to apply my nail polish with far greater precision than a brush with a longer handle.

The Polish

The polish has a perfect consistency. It's not too runny so it drips off the end of the brush but not so thick you can’t easily paint it on your nails. Each application is quite thin so you do need to apply at least two coats to fully appreciate the color. But it glides on very smoothly and evenly and dries to leave a lovely glossy finish as per its name. Using a top coat though, gives it an even glossier appearance.

Staying Power

As long you leave sufficient time between applying the coats of polish, i.e. at least half an hour to an hour and then put on a final top coat, this polish lasts exceptionally well. I’ve managed to make mine last for a week before the edges begin showing signs of chipping or wearing away.

This 17 High Gloss polish is exceptionally good value for money. It’s priced among the least expensive varnishes available so it would appeal to teenagers with limited budgets. As with most nail polishes, it does become thicker over time but not to the extent that I’ve had to thin it down. It lives up to its high gloss name, is easy to apply and lasts well. It’s the one brand of nail polish that I will continue to buy and is a good example showing that quality doesn’t always have to come at a high price.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

About Me!

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog!

My name's Caroline and I live in London. I'm a freelance writer and nutritionist, so you'll find a lot of my articles are health based.

I'm also passionately interested in skincare. Although the food we eat has the most noticeable effects on our skin, the skincare products we use has a large part to play.

As such, I often write product reviews and other articles on dealing with skincare and anti-aging.

I hope you enjoyed your visit here and come back soon :-)