// // ]]>
Eucerin Even Brighter Night creamSince reaching my 40's, the follies of sunbathing under the hot Australian sun are fast catching up with me. Where once it was all about getting the deepest tan, these days it’s finding the right skincare to try and prevent further sun damage while repairing the damage already done.

So, in my quest to find products to help keep pigmentation spots at bay, I’ve been using Eucerin’s Even Brighter pigment reducing day and night cream.


A brief bit about my skin. I’m naturally pale but spent years growing up in Australia with little care about sun protection. Now I’m paying for it with pigmentation spots appearing from out of the blue. I’ve tried many creams which promise to ‘lighten’ these spots, but haven’t had any luck.

Eucerin Even Brighter Day cream

I hoped Eucerin, a German skincare company, could help out. Many skincare products are targeted at anti-ageing, smoothing out wrinkles and fine lines etc, but don’t do anything to fade sun spots. Unfortunately, pigmentation is one of the most tell tale signs of age. They’re also incredibly difficult to get rid of once they’ve arrived.
Eucerin Even Brighter Day cream

The Even Brighter range provides ‘clinical pigmentation reducing care’ and includes:
  • A moisturising day cream with SPF 30 
  • A regenerating night cream 
  • A spot corrector and concentrate for Precise on the spot effect 
  • A concentrate to support the effect of daily care. 
Pigmentation spots are the result of excess melanin being produced in the sub layers of the skin. Unfortunately, it doesn’t distribute itself in a nice even manner, but instead it forms in clusters, resulting in dark spots of varying size.

Eucerin’s Even Brighter range regulates the production of melanin right back to the enzyme stage. It helps prevent production of excess melanin for a more even and brighter complexion. The main active ingredients in the creams are B-Resorcinol which reduces the production of melanin at its source and Glycyrrhetinic Acid which support cell damage repair.

The Claims 
  • First visible results towards a more even and bright complexion after just 4 weeks of daily usage for all skin tones 
  • Continuous improvement of skin tone over time with regular usage 
  • Good skin compatibility. 
Directions 
  • Apply face creams to face, neck and decollete
  • Apply spot corrector precisely as a thin layer on pigment spots twice daily before day cream and night cream
  • The skin spot corrector should not be used on skin around the pigmentation. 
A few years ago I developed a large area of pigmentation which was impossible to remove. Eventually I did (another post)! My task is now to ensure it doesn’t come back (they have memories!) I also don’t want to deal with more of them in the future.

I’ve been using the Eucerin face creams for around 8 months now. Ideally, a cream should be used for at least 3 months to see whether it’s working. I haven't bought the spot corrector because it would be impossible to apply it to small patches only!

The day cream is a lovely pure white with a delicate, pleasant fragrance. It’s very light, non-sticky and absorbs quickly into the skin with no sheen. The night cream is similar, although it feels slightly richer.

Eucerin Even Brighter Day cream

Does it Work? 

As I mentioned earlier, I’ve been using this cream for several months. I’ve been happy with its moisturising and sun protection abilities. It’s also kept previous sun spots from reappearing. However, over the last couple of months I have noticed some new patches appearing. Just very small spots of slightly darker pigmentation around my temple area. They aren’t particularly noticeable. They’re still quite light and they disappear when I put foundation on.

While I’m not happy at the emergence of these patches, I can’t know whether they would have been even darker or larger if I hadn’t been using Eucerin! Although I’m hugely critical of my own skin and notice every tiny flaw (or what I perceive to be a flaw), others have commented on how clear my skin is. So hopefully I’m doing something right.

I'll keep buying at least the day or night cream from Eucerin, but will keep on trying out different brands to see how well they deal with the pigmentation problem.

Of course the state of our skin is down to so many factors – diet, environment, stress etc, but skin products are much more sophisticated now and many do produce very good results.

Eucerin can be purchased in pharmacies including Boots and also online.




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

About Me!

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog!

My name's Caroline and I live in London. I'm a freelance writer and nutritionist, so you'll find a lot of my articles are health based.

I'm also passionately interested in skincare. Although the food we eat has the most noticeable effects on our skin, the skincare products we use has a large part to play.

As such, I often write product reviews and other articles on dealing with skincare and anti-aging.

I hope you enjoyed your visit here and come back soon :-)