// // ]]>
Garnier Nutrisse
Getting your hair colored at the hairdresser can be an expensive business, particularly since you need a root touch up every six weeks or so. Fortunately there are plenty of choices when it comes to coloring hair at home. One of the latest additions to the Garnier collection of home hair colorants is their Nutrisse Creme nourishing permanent hair color.


I've been using permanent hair colors for over twenty years and usually stayed faithful to the same brand. But once gray hairs started arriving I was forced to try out different brands since my old faithful just wasn't covering them properly. This led me to trying out several different brands at varying ends of the price scale.

Initially I chose Garnier Nutrisse because it had the exact color I was looking for. Well, at least on the box. You can't tell how it will turn out on your own hair until after you've used it. Still, Garnier has a wide selection of colors to choose from so there's something to suit most people. At the time of writing there are 28 beautiful shades ranging from black to pale blonde. The color I chose is a couple of shades lighter than my own. I find this works well so new roots don't show up the minute new hair starts growing.

The box itself does a pretty good job of selling itself. There’s a nice shiny picture of half an avocado which sort of conveys a healthy image and is further enforced with the wording that it’s enriched with fruit oil. I take it to mean oil from the avocado. Further persuasive text on the front of the package promises a fresh and fruity fragrance, and most important of all, 100% gray coverage.

The colorant is easy to mix up. You apply it to dry hair and wait for the recommended time. It doesn't drip and the smell isn't at all overpowering like some hair dyes which leave me with watering eyes. If you're using the color for the first time you apply it to the roots first then the rest of the hair. If you don't have gray hair then 25 minutes is sufficient time while those with gray hair should leave it for 35 minutes, which is what I do. If you're just touching up the roots then 15 minutes is all it takes or 25 for stubborn grays.

The colorant does darken quite a lot while it's developing but you are warned this will happen and assured not to worry. After rinsing it off it's time to put the conditioner on which you should leave for 10 minutes. This smells lovely and does a good job of leaving my dry hair feeling very soft and silky.

The results are fantastic. First, the color is exceptionally good, exactly as pictured on the side of the box. One thing to note about the color is that it is darker at first and will fade a little after a few washes. The other fantastic result is that any sign of gray hairs are completely obliterated.

I love this product so much I've stocked up with several boxes just in case they stop producing my favorite shade. I'm happy to have found the perfect color as well as a product that really does cover up 100% of gray hairs. It leaves my hair in really good condition, though that may be down to the conditioner. The only negative point about the product is there is only enough to cover fairly short or fine hair or for doing a root touch up. For anyone with hair longer than shoulder length or for very thick hair, you'd have to buy two packets. But overall, Garnier’s Nutrisse Creme does an excellent job at a very affordable price.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

About Me!

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog!

My name's Caroline and I live in London. I'm a freelance writer and nutritionist, so you'll find a lot of my articles are health based.

I'm also passionately interested in skincare. Although the food we eat has the most noticeable effects on our skin, the skincare products we use has a large part to play.

As such, I often write product reviews and other articles on dealing with skincare and anti-aging.

I hope you enjoyed your visit here and come back soon :-)