// // ]]>
No 7 protect & intense night creamI always seem to have one of those No. 7 vouchers squirrelled away in my purse. They become lost among the wad of other vouchers and inevitably are well past their expiry date by the time I discover them.

However, the last time I was in Boots, I remembered to check my vouchers, found one still active, and set off in the direction of the No 7 stand.

I’ve been using No 7 Protect & Perfect serum for a couple of years now and have already switched to the Intense version for more 'mature' skin'. So when I noticed a complementary version of Protect & Perfect Intense in the Night Cream range, I decided to try it out.

There are loads of serums on the market right now, but I tend to stay with the No 7 Protect & Perfect, mainly due to the much publicised ‘proven’ wrinkle smoothing results.

Apparently the No 7 night cream has the same wrinkle busting ingredients, including matrixyl, which sounded good to me.

What the label says: 

 Smooth deep lines and wrinkles and help your skin recover from the day with this revitalising & renewing night cream. Created to work in harmony with your skin’s natural night time repair processes. It is the perfect partner to our Protect & Protect Intense Serum, formulated to be used together to deliver even better results than the serum alone.
We’ve blended our patent pending antioxidant complex with our skin firming Pro-retinol complex containing Lipopeptides and Alfalfa extract to help restore skin’s structure and maintain elasticity.” 

The Packaging 

It comes in a smart blue box, like the serum, but the contents inside are packaged in a very different manner. Opening up the box is an elegantly designed looking jar. That alone is enough to impress me! It has a shiny black lid, clear outer perspex jar offering a glimpse of a pale blue looking cream inside.

No 7 protect & intense night cream
No 7 Protect & Intense night cream

The Product 

However, once you open the jar, you see it’s not blue at all, but a pure, glossy white. It smells divine. I must admit, I do like my creams to have a pleasant fragrance, especially as it always attracts complements from my other half, and my children who say Mum smells much nicer than Dad!

The cream itself is thick, light and has a rich, luxurious feeling. It smooths on easily and sinks into my skin completely, leaving it with a soft, slightly shiny glow.

No 7 protect & intense night cream
No 7 Protect & Intense night cream

What’s it like? 

The main tests for me are how well it lasts through the night and what is my skin going to look like in the morning. The answer is pretty good. Looking at my face first thing in the morning doesn't put me in a happy frame of mind, but I am pleased with the results.

My skin feels soft and when it comes to washing my face, I can feel there is a decent amount of cream which has survived a night of rubbing against my pillow. Many creams totally disappear during the night, but No 7 Protect & Perfect Intense night cream lasted well.

As far as night creams go, I’d highly recommend this one and I’ll certainly be buying it in the future.

Currently, it costs £24.00 per jar. However, No 7 products are frequently on special offer so you may be able to get it for less. You can also find good bargains on Amazon.


2 comments:

  1. Can you tell me what kind of smell it has and does it go away? I love the serum and to be it does not smell.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to describe. I love it but everyone is different. I'd advise you to ask a Boots representative to let you have a sniff of the contents of a jar in store. They're usually quite happy to let you do this.

      Delete

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

About Me!

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog!

My name's Caroline and I live in London. I'm a freelance writer and nutritionist, so you'll find a lot of my articles are health based.

I'm also passionately interested in skincare. Although the food we eat has the most noticeable effects on our skin, the skincare products we use has a large part to play.

As such, I often write product reviews and other articles on dealing with skincare and anti-aging.

I hope you enjoyed your visit here and come back soon :-)