// // ]]>
L'oreal Revitalift Magic Blur finishing creamAfter the popularity of Indeed’s Nanoblur, there have been several copycats attempting to catch some of their market share. If you haven’t heard of Nanoblur, this is a cream designed to camouflage wrinkles with an immediate effect. L’Oreal have now brought out their version of camouflage cream, called Magic Blur.

Magic Blur is described as an instant skin smoother finishing cream. According to the pack it ‘instantly blurs wrinkles, pores and imperfections. Look younger in seconds.


I’ve been using Nanoblur for over a year now and it remains the best wrinkle disguising tool in my makeup kit. None of my eye creams can touch it for minimizing wrinkles. However, since L'Oreal is one of my favoured brands, I thought I’d see how their blur cream compared.

L'oreal Revitalift Magic Blur finishing cream
L'Oreal Revitalift Magic Blur finishing cream

Who’s it for? 

L’Oreal Revitalift Magic Blur is targeted at the age range 40s through to 60s. It doesn't mention women specifically, so I imagine this includes men too! No reason why the male of the species shouldn't try to minimise their wrinkles too!

What it Does 

L’Oreal say this is their first skin transforming finishing cream. It’s infused with polymers and enriched with OPTI-BLUR technology (yeah, I know, I've never heard of it either. No doubt a newly made up name for this type of cream).

It goes on to say Magic Blur diffuses light on the skin for an instant blurring effect. The cashmere soft texture seamlessly melts in. Your skin looks smoother and more even, as it's transformed. Visible results: In seconds, the appearance of fine lines, wrinkles, pores and imperfections are blurred. Your skin looks younger. Your complexion appears more radiant and even.

L'oreal Revitalift Magic Blur finishing cream

How to Use 

Slip on after your moisturiser all over the face or on targeted areas. Leaves a perfectly matte finish.

My Opinion 

I've never been really sure whether to use this type of cream under or over foundation. The trouble with putting it on top is that it tends to remove some foundation when I put it on, leaving pale areas on my face. But putting it on underneath foundation, I feel some of the effects are diminished. So I tend to use this type of cream when I’m having a makeup free day or just sparingly underneath my eyes on top of foundation.

The cream comes in a tall tube which you squeeze to release the contents. The cream itself comes out of the tube in a squirty fashion, rather than smoothly, as if it’s mixed with air. It’s completely white in colour with a consistency of a mousse.

L'oreal Revitalift Magic Blur finishing cream
L'Oreal Revitalift Magic Blur finishing cream
I have to say that smoothing this over my skin is the most wonderful feeling. The cream is gorgeously velvety, far nicer than anything else I use on my face. I can see straight away the effect it’s having on my lines. It’s a bit like the old egg white trick, in that it leaves my skin looking matt and sort of flat.

When I’m not smiling my skin looks perfectly smooth and unlined. And when I do smile, my lines appear much softer, as if they've been filled out. Initially, I think the combined effects of a moisturiser followed by this finishing cream work well together.  However, the effects dwindle as the day goes by and my wrinkles become more pronounced once more.

The packaging says 'look younger in seconds', however, I’m not really going for the ‘Younger’ effect any more. After a certain point in the ageing process, I think it's pointless expecting a cream to make you look younger - leave that to the surgeon's knife! I've reached a time in my life where I just want to preserve what I’ve got and keep my skin looking as good as it can for as long as possible.

All in all, I do like L’Oreal’s Revitalift Magic Blur. I love the texture and feel of smoothing it onto my skin and generally, I think it gives a slightly better minimizing effect than the Nanoblur cream and it’s definitely a cream I’ll be buying again.

Tube size: 30ml. Price: £8.66 on offer. Normally £12.99

Ingredients: Dimethicone, Dimethicone crosspolymer, silica [nano] / silica, isododecane, aluminium hydroxide, disodium stearoyl glutamate, C177491, C177492 / iron oxides, C177891 / titanium dioxide (F.I.L. B16254/2).

Note: L'Oreal Paris Skin Perfection Magic Touch Instant Blur is a version which is aimed at the younger 20s and 30s generation.

L'Oreal also do a Magic Blur Anti-Ageing Moisturiser which I have yet to try.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

About Me!

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog!

My name's Caroline and I live in London. I'm a freelance writer and nutritionist, so you'll find a lot of my articles are health based.

I'm also passionately interested in skincare. Although the food we eat has the most noticeable effects on our skin, the skincare products we use has a large part to play.

As such, I often write product reviews and other articles on dealing with skincare and anti-aging.

I hope you enjoyed your visit here and come back soon :-)