// // ]]>
One of the best parts of drinking a cappuccino is the milk froth on top. It has to be a rich, dense, creamy foam that stands up on its own on top of your espresso. But do you ever try making a cappuccino at home but somehow never quite manage to get the froth right?

It’s all down to the gadget you’re using. While some coffee machines have a milk frothing attachment, frankly, very few are up to the job. More often than not you'll end up with froth full of large air bubbles which start collapsing as soon as you pour it out. I've found you usually get a much better froth by purchasing a separate milk frother.


There are certainly plenty to choose from and I’ve bought my fair share of them over the years. However, once I'd tried the Bodum version, nothing else could compare. It actually works and it produces the most fantastic foam you could wish for.

It consists of a glass jug with handle and a plunger, much like the plunger on a cafetierre. To use it you simply fill it with the cold milk of your choice no higher than the fill line. This makes enough for one large cappuccino or two smaller ones.

Next you pop it into the microwave for one to one and a half minutes then take it out. Now comes the fun bit. You take the plunger and plunge it vigorously for around a minute during which time you’ll see the froth building up nicely. Now is also a good time to allow your espresso to filter through into your cup.


Once you’ve got a decent froth, you can either pour it straight out into your coffee or pop it back into the microwave for around 20 seconds. This just injects a little more heat into the froth. Then, using your spoon, hold back the froth and allow the hot milk underneath to pour out, then the foamy milk, then finally spoon on the thick, dense foam from the top.

Quite simply, it works every time and with all types of milk. It’s especially good with soy milk. The only drawback I’ve had is with the glass jug breaking. You do have to treat it carefully and once it’s broken, the plunger is no good without it.

So you either need to buy a replacement jug or the whole frother again. I’ve gone through about three jugs now, but it’s the only milk frother I’ve found that produces a perfect froth, so I keep buying it. However, I treat it with greater care now. They're not expensive but I can't afford to be without my milk frother for longer than a day while waiting for a new one. Coffee just isn't the same without the perfect frothy top.

The Bodum millk frother can be purchased from various outlets as well as Amazon and on the Bodum website.

If you can't wait to try it out, why not buy it online?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

About Me!

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog!

My name's Caroline and I live in London. I'm a freelance writer and nutritionist, so you'll find a lot of my articles are health based.

I'm also passionately interested in skincare. Although the food we eat has the most noticeable effects on our skin, the skincare products we use has a large part to play.

As such, I often write product reviews and other articles on dealing with skincare and anti-aging.

I hope you enjoyed your visit here and come back soon :-)