// // ]]>
I've been enjoying Ryvita since I was about 17 years old and began my first ever diet. I won't tell you how many years that is, but they're obviously doing something right as I always have a box of Ryvita in my cupboard.



Until a few years ago, the choice of Ryvita crispbreads on offer was quite limited. There was the Original light Ryvita crispbread  made with Wholegrain Rye and Ryvita Dark Rye. I mainly bought the dark rye for the extra fiber content.

Then everything changed and the supermarket shelves saw an enormous influx of crispbreads, crackers, crackerbreads and oatcakes to name a few.  Ryvita stepped up the competition challenge and have been steadily increasing their Ryvita range to include several new flavors. These include Ryvita Minis, Limbos, Thins, Crackerbread and Fruit Goodness Bars.

I've been steadily working my way through all the Ryvita varieties and the latest is the multi-grain crispbread. I enjoy eating bread full of seeds so I had high expectations of this Ryvita crispbread.
The Ryvita multi-grain are the same size and shape as the original Ryvitas. Their statistics measure an impressive 10cm x 6cm and are about 1cm thick.  Inside each 200g waxed packet there are around 16 crispbreads.  Upon opening the packet, you’re greeted with a lovely earthy, nutty smell. I couldn’t wait to dive in.

Individually, each crispbread is scattered with a sprinkling of linseeds and sesame seeds while the kibbled soya provides a crunchy, nutty taste. If you’re familiar with Ryvitas, there is a smooth side and a bumpy side. The smooth side is for spreading your topping thinly and the bumpy side is designed to trap and fill whatever spread you're using. With these multi-grain crispbreads the grains are applied to the bumpy side.

Generally I use Ryvita as a dip or I heap lots of chopped salad onto them. You can’t really use them as an alternative for bread – i.e. as a sandwich type base. They're very crisp and crunchy, so it can be tricky eating them without them breaking apart. I’m often left with the topping all over my plate or worse, me! So to play safe I break off smaller bits of Ryvita and place the topping on those as I go along.

They're wonderfully versatile and last well so long as you fold down the packet and keep them in an airtight container. Nutritionally, each slice of Ryvita multi-grain crispbread contains 37 calories, with 1.8 grams of fiber. The only ingredients are wholegrain rye flour, buckwheat, linseeds, kibbled soya, sesame seeds, kibbled rye and salt.

Overall, these are another healthy and tasty addition to the Ryvita collection and if you enjoy the other seedy varieties, I’m sure you’ll like these also.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

About Me!

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog!

My name's Caroline and I live in London. I'm a freelance writer and nutritionist, so you'll find a lot of my articles are health based.

I'm also passionately interested in skincare. Although the food we eat has the most noticeable effects on our skin, the skincare products we use has a large part to play.

As such, I often write product reviews and other articles on dealing with skincare and anti-aging.

I hope you enjoyed your visit here and come back soon :-)