// // ]]>
Many of us are on the lookout for that miracle treatment, something that will really do what it says on the box and get rid of wrinkles. We end up spending a fortune on face creams promising all sorts of wonders, but more often than not, our wrinkles refuse to budge.


I came across the advert for Athena 7 Minute Lift in a magazine and was completely won over by the advertising hype. This product was given 10 out of 10 by consumers as providing the best wrinkle removing properties and is touted as a safe and effective alternative to Botox®.

The Athena 7 Minute Lift™ is designed to smooth out frown and laughter laugh lines, under eye bags and crows feet. Its key ingredients are all natural and organic without harsh chemicals and it’s safe for all skin types.

Although it doesn't appear to be sold in high street shops there are many online websites selling it. You can of course purchase from the Athena web site but if you shop around online you can often find good bargains elsewhere. Currently it's retailing for $89 and offers a 90 day guarantee.

How to use Athena 7 Minute Lift

When your packet arrives you receive a small glass jar of 7 minute lift cream along with an application brush and CD that you need to watch before using the product for the first time. You may question why someone would need to show you how to put cream on your face, after all, it's something most of us do every day. However, when you watch the video it soon becomes apparent why, as there is a technique for applying Athena so it's worthwhile spending the time watching the demo.

Because the cream in the pot is very thick, almost like a paste, it would be impossible to apply it straight from the jar. As such, we are shown how to mix the product with water to create a much smoother, more runny consistency. A lady then actively demonstrates how to paint the product onto your facial lines.

Now, this is where the product gets its name because seven minutes is how long it takes to work. Once you've painted the product onto the desired areas, you must remain completely expressionless for the entire time, i.e. not smiling or moving your facial muscles at all. This is to allow it to tighten and lift the skin. It's up to you whether you apply it under or over your makeup because it supposedly works either way.

How it worked

It's easy enough to mix and apply the cream. But what can be tricky is working out the right proportions of water and cream. If you don't get it right, you end up with white marks on your skin where it's dried. You can fix this by rinsing your brush with plain water and brushing over the area again. Once the cream is on, it's just a matter of waiting out the seven minutes so it's best to make sure no one is going to interrupt you.

Regarding the results, I have to admit I am suitably impressed. For me it flattens out the whole area underneath my eyes and virtually eliminates all traces of puffiness. There is also some effect on reducing my facial lines but when I make expressions, the lines are still there, just not quite as pronounced.

The skin where I've applied the cream also has a sort of matt appearance, so if your makeup is ‘dewy’, the cream seems to diminish that effect. I also find that if I put it on underneath my makeup the effects are decreased somewhat but that could be because I end up wiping some of it away. But it does last well through the day.

A small pot lasts a long time as you only need a tiny amount. However I don't use it very often because when I'm getting ready to go out I just don't have the time to fiddle around mixing the cream then waiting for it to dry. Therefore, I tend to use it only for special occasions. This led to it drying out and after eight months it became unusable as it was too difficult to mix with water. Each pot is designed to last around two months of daily use so I was probably stretching it a bit far!

Overall, I find it excellent at reducing puffy under eyes and it is good at disguising facial lines, certainly better than creams. I would recommend this to anyone desiring a quick fix for wrinkles or under eye bags as long as you have the time and patience to mix, apply and wait seven minutes.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog

Popular Posts

About Me!

Hi and thanks for visiting my blog!

My name's Caroline and I live in London. I'm a freelance writer and nutritionist, so you'll find a lot of my articles are health based.

I'm also passionately interested in skincare. Although the food we eat has the most noticeable effects on our skin, the skincare products we use has a large part to play.

As such, I often write product reviews and other articles on dealing with skincare and anti-aging.

I hope you enjoyed your visit here and come back soon :-)